Do you recruit college graduates to fill technical or management positions? If so, you know it is getting more difficult to attract the ?best and brightest? as the national employment picture remains strong.
Here are some highlights from WetFeet’s 2006 Winning Campus Marketing Strategies Report:
- Students are more confident in their career prospects and, as a result, have narrowed their job searches
- Messages about potential employers are absorbed by students long before the recruiting process begins
- Information sessions and career fairs are an opportunity to raise awareness on campus, but must be followed up
- Employers who recruit actively on campus have set the bar high for new entrants with consistent and well-executed campus marketing
- Students are expecting frequent and high-quality interactions with companies
- Best-in-class employers make an active investment in their recruiting brands and word-of-mouth reputations